Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by scotty dave, Jan 26, 2013.

1. scotty dave

scotty dave Guest

Hi I have been let down at the last minute and urgently need to get work in the Brisbane area. Fully coded mig, 26yrs exp.Heavy gauge. Please take a look at my resume, imm. start rqd. have 457 labour agreement in place, house sold, accom sorted. Thanks, Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
  2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that Dave,, have you tried ringing around companys to see if anyone is interested in sponsering you? The white Pages should give you a list of companys in Brisbane, id call as many as you can.. (just bear in mind its a bank holiday weekend, so not many are working Monday)

Cal x

3. Kacymru

Kacymru New Member

Try agencies too, as well as big companies.
    Bechtel, Rio Tinto and the like are big companies that do big projects and provide Fly In Fly Out (FIFO) roles that pay well.
    Good luck!

4. scotty dave

scotty dave Guest

Thanks for the advice Kacymru, I`m absolutely desperate so I`ll try anything. There seems to be a real downturn in jobs at the moment (probably the post Christmas slump) but I sure hope things pick up soon.Have been phoning around a few companies too, so let`s just hope......

5. Hogg2007

Hogg2007 Guest

Hi, just seen your post from earlier this year. Hope you got sorted out. I'm a coded welder coming out on a full permanent visa early 2014 and was just wondering what the job market is like in Qld? Thanks, Chris