Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Schools & Education' started by Kym, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Kym

Kym New Member

Hi there, I need some advice. Well a lot truth be told.
    My family are looking at a move to QLD soon due to my partners work.
    We're in Western Australia and have never been to QLD so we're in the dark.
    His work will be in pinkenbah, Brisbane. We don't want to live in the city at all so a town close by is what we want. With a commute of half an hr or so. Is that possible? We live in a country town now and it's what we love. We have a few acres and ideally would like that again.
    Our daughter is 14 and a straight A student at a private school. The thought of pulling her out of her school is breaking my heart as she's doing so well. But things sometimes have to be done. My point is we need her to go to a school on an even par, who'll offer her the same opportunities, etc.
    would anyone be able to help me with suggestions or advice? Thank you in advance.

2. Simonrbh

Simonrbh New Member

Pinkenba is on the North side of the banks of the Brisbane River, right behind the airport area. I'd suggest you look around where we are, Dayboro, Samford, Bunya, Cashmere, Warner, Narangba to get acreage. The commute would be 45-60 mins from these areas, anything closer and you're in the Northern suburbs and not going to get a country town feel, it all seems built up. As far as a good school, one of the brothers of my OH had his 3 children at Grace Lutheran College, Rothwell and have all gone onto higher ed and done/doing degrees. Good Luck with your move.

3. Deb

Deb New Member

Another good private school northside is St Paul's at bald hills. They have a reasonable catchment of kids from the suggested areas. They do well academically and have an excellent music programme.