Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by Holmes Family, Jan 18, 2009.

  1. Hiya,

    Could someone please explain for us the difference in being a PR and having Citizenship. Also what you have to do to become citizen etc...


    Jamie & Dawn :biggrin:

  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Lots of the visa's offer instant Permanent Residency Status, to gain citizenship you are required to live in Australia 2 years or 4 years (depending on your arival date) and pass a citizenship test.
    When thats done you can then apply for citizenship allowing you an Australian Passport and the right to vote.
    Have a look at
    Cal x
  3. Don QuayPoly

    Don QuayPoly New Member

    I could be wrong so forgive me if I am , But .. if you have permanent residancy, am I right in thinking that you if you decide to go back to your homeland to live for a while, then your Perm Res becomes nul and void ??? Not sure what the time limit is , but I'm sure some knowledgable person will know ?
  4. Mark and Jo

    Mark and Jo The MadHatters

    We have just started revising for our citizenship tests that we are having on 20/03/2009.

Share This Page