Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Matt86, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Matt86

Matt86 Guest

G'Day all,

Im a 25 year old hard-working English guy....struggling for work in Brisbane. I have admin/accounts payable experience but this doesnt seem to be getting me anywhere right now in Brisbane. Registered with agencies but its quiet at the moment. I check Seek and Gumtree twice daily.
    I also have retail, warehouse, cleaning, factory and catering experience and Im happy to turn my hand at anything- I did furnitutre removal the other week.
    I am in Brisbane until the end of September and I am very eager to start work if anyone has anything or knows anywhere. Even if its just for 1 day only

Thanks, Matt

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi Matt
    Get out there and approach companys in person. Also check out the local classifieds and keep your eyes peeled in store windows. I think you will struggle on the likes of Seek to get short term work.

Cal x

3. Matt86

Matt86 Guest

I have been round shops, restaurants etc they all want people longer than 2 months. Agencies are my last bet for short term office work but I have almost given up on that.

Now I think labouring etc might be my only hope

4. cal

cal Super Moderator

Do you have to stay in Brissy / You may have more look going North where the backpackers head and employers are more accustomed to temporary staff.
    Might be worth putting some feelers out there..
    Good Luck

Cal x

5. Matt86

Matt86 Guest

I dont really have time for moving around, tried that with the farmwork before Brizzy. Got mega cheap accomodation here and registered with the agencies so just gunna ride it out and something will arrive. Just need some casual to keep me going for the meantime.

6. cal

cal Super Moderator

Good Luck ,dont give up and i hope you find something soon

Cal x