Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Renting & Real Estate' started by SherryT, May 31, 2012.

1. SherryT

SherryT Guest

We arrive in Brisbane in August, in the interim I've been actively watching the main real estate sites for potential homes to buy and trying to get my top ten suburbs based on information provided on the internet.

Since we physically will not be in Brisbane for 2-ish months I've scaled back my research, however I thought I would connect with a Realtor/buying agent to start a more specific search for me despite my literal absence.

It appears that buying agents are suburb specific, and since I haven't pared down my search to a chosen few, I'm hoping that this community will be able to give me a few agents to contact/interview that may be eager to help me.

I have a rental procured for our arrival and I am not interested in renting long term. I am eager to settle into a home so that I can get my children into the appropriate school and life can commence its new normal.

I would appreciate any recommendations for agencies, and of course agents in particular.

Thanks in advance.

Sherry

2. fish.01

fish.01 Member

Sherry as you say agents are area specific so wouldn't agent recommendations depend on whether they worked in areas you are interested in or have I misunderstood?

Re: "buying agents" - Just in case it is different to where you live agents officially work for the seller here (who pay the agents commission) though in reality they often actively push both sides as they just need the deal signed at whatever price as turnover is king.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  3. SherryT

SherryT Guest

My experience is from Canada, and agents work with a buyer to in a broader geographical way or work in Teams to help the buyer find what they are seeking. However this is my first experience in a metropolitan city such as Brisbane where that may be prohibitive. I was hoping that I could work with someone rather than 5+ someones.

Perhaps I should focus my search on an agency that has representatives for multiple suburbs, if that is possible.

Thanks.

4. fish.01

fish.01 Member

I forgot that apart from normal agencies there are special buying agents here who will work just for the buyer. Not many use them but they do exist. A normal agent will help the buyer as well but their allegiance is to the seller if that makes sense. I assume a buyers agent will cover a greater area so hopefully someone can recommend one for you...