Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Health & Lifestyle' started by BoardBabe, Feb 26, 2013.

  1. BoardBabe

    BoardBabe Guest


    We want to buy a used car (potentially privately).

    When someone sells a car which still has some Reg left (which I assume is similar to our UK tax disc) does it mean that you just have to renew it when it expires or do you have to transfer it in some way. I know that you need to pay duty on the purchase and a transfer fee etc. Also, when you buy a new reg disc I noticed that you also have to buy compulsory third party insurance. How would that work with buying a used car??

    Any tips on car buying generally? Seems more complicated here so wondering if its just easier to go to a dealer....


  2. Love Shoes

    Love Shoes Super Moderator

    There is actually a thread on buying a car I will find it and add to this thread .... Buying a car from a dealer is very easy, one really good piece of advice I will give you is to get your OZ driving licence first, it saves so much paperwork and time ...
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  3. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    If buying private the seller will get a form ,you complete and take one half which you give when you transfer owenership ,the seller completes and keep the other. All private cars, by law should be sold with a safety certificate which is similar to a very basic MOT.

    Credit and write off checks can be done on line like in the UK if you want that extra piece of mind..

    Hope this helps a little
    Cal x

Share This Page