Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Money & Finance' started by phixon, Aug 15, 2008.

  1. phixon

    phixon Guest

    I have recently had confirmation from a lender that they will now lend up to 95% of the value of a home to people who "reside" in Australia. This is quite a difference to being a resident and means that people who are here on temporary visas such as 457's can borrow more money to buy a home.

    This is useful to people like myself. I am here on a 457 Visa but I have left my properties in the UK as a rental investment and therefore had little in the way of a deposit.

    If this is of interest to anyone then please PM me
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008

  2. Moneycorp currency transfers
  3. snowyhaze

    snowyhaze New Member

    How does it work for buying properties in Australia. My Partner and I are moving to Brisbane in December this year and are not sure whether to rent or buy when we arrive. Can you advise on this at all?

    What sort of documentation od you need to be able to get a mortgage etc?
  4. phixon

    phixon Guest

    getting a mortgage here is similar to getting a mortgage in the UK. Here though you will not have any credit history so it's important to show some level of savings and income. It will also depend on the type of visa you come on.

    I am a mortgage broker here and I have recently gone through the whole move so please send me a private mail and we can discuss what you would need.

Share This Page