Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Money & Finance' started by Robyn0312, Nov 11, 2010.

  1. Robyn0312

    Robyn0312 Guest


    I am looking for some advice on taxation. I'm used to it coming out of my pay packet automatically but from what I have read so far it sounds like you have to submit a tax retirn in Auz. This is very daunting! Is it as complicated as it sounds and does anybody know if it's very expensive to get somebody to do this for you?

    Also I have been advised that I can apply for a tax break whilst working on my 457, does anybody know how much of a rebate/discount this is worth?

  2. Moneycorp currency transfers
  3. srp

    srp No longer active member

    Hi Robyn,

    I do not know how the tax is affected by what visa you are on but I have recently done my tax returns on line, It is quite simple, My wife's employer stops her tax, at the end of the year you fill in a tax return on line, (it guides you through every stage), they already know how much tax you have paid, you follow the form, and at the end it advises you how much you have coming back or if their is a shortfall, most people seem to overpay and you get some back.

Share This Page