Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Renting & Real Estate' started by Jonathanw, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Jonathanw

Jonathanw Guest

Hi,

We're just looking at taking out our first rental and have seen a few properties in Aspley, north Brisbane. We have two children aged 7 and 10. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the area is like? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan

2. Loopylu

Loopylu Guest

Hi Jonathan

Aspley is OK but there does seem to be quite a high proportion of crime in the area from what I read in the local rag. A couple of people on Pomsinoz suffered burglaries soon after moving into rentals there a while back. The problem with Aspley is that it straddles Gympie Road which is a busy arterial road and I imagine there is quite a lot of traffic noise in adjoining properties. It has a large shopping/commercial area. The area is more lower socio-economic and a much higher proportion of rentals. If you like the look of the northside, can I suggest nearby suburbs which are much more pleasant to live in such as Bridgeman Downs, Carseldine, Albany Creek, Eatons Hill. The schools in these areas have a better reputation too. Sorry if this sounds abit negative but we have kids (1 aged 7 and 2 aged 11) and I know where I would rather have them living! BTW we are in Eatons Hill and love it there but if we hadnt bought here we would have gone to any of the other suburbs that I have listed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Loopylu