Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Alex1990, May 2, 2012.

1. Alex1990

Alex1990 Guest

Hello I'm planning to move to australia ie brisbane as soon as I can, and was just wondering Does anyone of any Construction companies that could sponsor me. I'm 22 a qualified carpenter With 6 years experience, I'm very loyal and hard working!!

Or what would be the best/ easiest/ quickest to get over?

Any help would be great!,

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Hi you could try contacting companys and see what response you get (white pages on line will give you a list of places), its tough to secure work from the UK though, hence where finacially possible some people come out on a reccie first to approach companys, look at areas etc.

Good Luck with it all
    Cal x

3. srp

srp No longer active member

I think a lot of companies do not employ direct labour, most are sub contractors.

Just an Idea, but have you thought of a WHV, (Working holiday visa) its for people between the age of 18 to 30 and allows you to work for a employer for up to 6 months. It could be a way of visiting Australia, look for sponsorship once here and possibly gain a job that way.

This visa is no good if you have a family to take with you.

4. Alex1990

Alex1990 Guest

Thanks for help guys!! Ive used my working holiday visa when I travelled Australia in 2008/09, can't you only get one??

5. srp

srp No longer active member

unfortunately you can only get one unless you did the required amount of rural work.

Have you looked at the options for a skilled worker to get over here, it may be worth trying a couple of agents to see what options they could suggest for the visa route and finding out what skill assessments you may have to do to gain sponsorship.

As I said in my first post I believe most construction companies use contractors. The best I can suggest is that you try contacting prospective employers directly and asking what vacancies may be available and if they would consider sponsorship.