Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by snwbnnyinoz, Mar 1, 2013.

1. snwbnnyinoz

snwbnnyinoz New Member

So now that we have our PR visa's and I have decluttered and packed the house as much as I can. It is now on the market and our first set of showings are on Sunday.
    Now I just need to try to keep the house presentable with 3 children it's not an easy task. We are foster parents of a 7 month old and during all this I'm also in the process of transitioning her to her forever family.
    We have decided that we can't take the dog, she's 12 years old and the vet doesn't suggest it at her age. That will be a hard one.

And now that you have all alleviated my paranoia over snakes a bit we are set to go.

I just wish my 3 year old and 4 year old would stop going around tormenting me with snake sounds.

Wish us luck in getting our house sold quickly. We'll be in the sun and warmth before we know it. Especially looking forward to it after waking up to another 20cms of the white stuff this morning.

Paula

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Fingers crossed here you get a speedy sale . lots of luck with everything,getting ready to migrate sure is a busy times for us mums, i remember it well.

Cal x

3. tink

tink New Member

........fantastic news....sorry to hear you cannot bring the dog.........but 12 is a little old.......hopefully you will find a good home..............lol@ the children.............mine still delight inscaring me about mice.........and the eldest is 27 !!!
    ...........kids got to love them........!
    ........Best of luck with everthing....tink x

4. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

Good luck x x
    So sorry about your doggie x

5. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Hi Paula how did the house showing go?
    Sorry to hear about your dog, its very hard leaving them behind have you a family member who could help?

6. snwbnnyinoz

snwbnnyinoz New Member

No family members that could take her unfortunately. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we can find her somewhere or else she may have to go to a rescue group that will put her in a foster home until they can find her a home. House showing went well, have more set up for next week. Hope it sells quickly. We feel like we're sitting in limbo at the moment and its hard keeping it clean with the kids. It's not like I send them outside to play, it's been minus 10 so too cold for outdoor play.
    Saw on the other thread that avocados were $3 each there. Shocking when I see when I bought them for 69 cents each today. Guess its something we will get used to. I drink coca cola and find the prices there crazy as I usually get 36 cans for under $10. Guess those are the prices to pay to avoid shovelling many feet if snow each winter lol.