Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by LGB, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. LGB

    LGB Guest

    Hi everyone, I am a newby to the site. I'm a little bit overwhelmed by it all and I am still trying to stumble my way through the site.

    We are coming to Brisbane in late november to activate our PR Visas. We hope to explore brisbane and also do as much work as we can to prepare ourselves for when we move permanently in July 2010. We are planning to rent in the city of brisbane for at least the first 6 months until we learn where we would like to settle.

    I need some help with the following if anyone can oblige:- My husband is a Class 1 HGV Driver here in the UK. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is as simple as him filling in a form to enable him to drive trucks in QLD? Or will he have to do practical tests, etc? The govt website is a bit vague, it refers to 'you may have to do such and such' which is unhelpful. What kind of costs, if any, are involved in gaining a QLD licence for truck drivers? Can anyone offer advice on job availabilty for truck drivers. :eek:
  2. cal

    cal Super Moderator

    Unfortunately your hubby will have to sit a practical test.
    I dont know the ins and outs but have found you this company
    I am sure if you drop them an e-mail explaining exactly what category's your hubby has ,they will tell you how many hours etc he is required to do before being granted a licence.
    Hope this helps a little
    Cal x
  3. LGB

    LGB Guest

    Thank you so much, I have just emailed the company now.

Share This Page