Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Hervey Bay' started by carlhall, Aug 16, 2013.

1. carlhall

carlhall Member

Media:
    Hi, Spent the day in Bundaberg and visited the Hinkler museum, as its winter the temperature was around 27c and it was very pleasant walking around the gardens there.

I have attached a couple of photos for those who are interested.

The gardens
    IMG_1529.jpg

Hinklers House transferred Brick by Brick from Southampton

hinkler house 1.jpg
    Turtles on the lake side
    turtles 2.jpg
    His Aircraft inside the museum
    plane.jpg

We had a good day out and found the cafe quite reasonable with good fresh food being served. If you are in the area and stuck for something to do its well worth a visit. There is also a historical museum on the same site but we did not manage to visit that part.

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Great pictures thank you for sharing. The days have been quite nice and warm here this last week,which i am glad about as i hate the cold,lol

Cal x

3. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

We are thinking of heading to Town of 1770 tomorrow with the dog and a picnic .. hope the weather stays good, I think it has been warmer this year than last year for the same time of year ... hope that makes sense ..... :yes:

4. Kitty kat

Kitty kat Guest

We are looking forward to doing some sightseeing when we move to Bundaberg in about 3 weeks.x

5. carlhall

carlhall Member

Media:
    There is plenty to see and do on this part of the coast, I am sure you will love it around here.:biggrin:

6. Love Shoes

image.jpg image.jpg Kangaroos wander around Woodgate frequently, ......

7. carlhall

carlhall Member

Media:
    The first real Kangaroos I saw was in Woodgate, sitting on the front lawn of a holiday rental and looking at us as we drove past , I swear they were thinking this is our holiday home what do these humans want here.

8. Love Shoes

They just roam around as if they own the place, LOL, eating peoples lawns, then doing their business, then a nice relax in the sun, one day I am sure we will see a family of them sat at a picnic table, with Daddy Roo reading the Sunday papers :biglaugh: never seen Roo's as plenty as we have seen in Wood Gate ..... we were driving along one day and one just hopped in front of the car .... will see if I can find some more photo's .... sure I have plenty .... I have seen a few in Bundaberg but not on the same scale ..... IMG_0244.jpg

Where do you live Carl? Bundaberg?

9. carlhall

carlhall Member

Media:
    No, I am more Hervey bay side

10. Love Shoes

We are going to Hervey Bay on Saturday, went once last year, but didn't have much time to get out and about, so we will get off earlier in the day .... looking forward to it ....

11. carlhall

carlhall Member

Media:
    At the moment the area is inundated with the Grey Nomads, Plenty of places to eat on the sea front and if you fancy an afternoon out at sea there is always the Whale watching trips you can go on. :biglaugh:. I am 30 min north of Hervey bay

Edited to add, if you want a nice place to have a quiet meal then at Toogoom ( About 20 min out from Hervey bay) you can have a reasonable meal next to the boat ramp with a nice view across the water..

Toogoom5.jpg

Toogoom2.JPG

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  12. Love Shoes

Looks really nice, looking forward to it, as I said the last time we went, it was quite late on a Sunday afternoon, (the drive took longer than we expected, we were pretty new to OZ and the dodgy roads) ..... but this time we will get a fairly early dart .... expect the compulsory road works along the way :yes: