Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'North & Far North QLD' started by Ktee, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Wow wish I could go, I could strut my stuff in my rara skirt, leggings and shoulder pads.
    Lol those were the days. What do you remember from the 80's or am I the only old beggar on here.

GET out your shoulder pads and dust off the leg warmers, the '80s are back.
    Kicking off Ladies @ Lilo events for the year, next week's "Ladies of the Eighties" party will celebrate every good, bad and ugly '80s fashion hiding in the back of the cupboard.
    Organiser Cachelle Davison said a few tweaks have been made to the first Ladies @ Lilo night based on last year's events, with the group hosting a cabaret show instead of a fashion parade for the first time.
    The event will be held on Thursday night rather than the traditional Wednesday.
    "Rather than featuring our usual fashion parades, we are instead giving the ladies of Cairns something a little different," Ms Davison said.
    "Our Ladies of the Eighties-themed event will instead showcase the talent and finesse of Cairns Cabaret Dancers who promise to thrill the crowd with their special moves."
    Ladies @ Lilo Ladies of the Eighties will kick off at 6pm next Thursday, February 28, and fashionistas are asked to don their favourite outfits of the decade to get themselves into the party mood.
    Tickets are $25 and can be bought at lilowetbar.com.auor at Rydges Plaza reception, corner Grafton and Spence streets, Cairns.

2. tink

tink New Member

.........sounds good.............I had a ra ra skirt and leggings.........in the 80's..............and two kids .......lol...!

3. tink

tink New Member

........funky town..........and parachute pants................mum babysitting when I went to the disco ...........last Friday in the month.............!

4. Love Shoes

Love Shoes Super Moderator

Tink ..... Do you fancy a trip to Cairns .... ? Lets polish up our moves, squeeze ourselves into our ra ra skirts and footless tights nod paint the town red :wink: We won't :embarrassed: you Kate .... Promise .....

5. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

What are parachute pants are they the baggy ones with elastic around the ankles if they are my gran use to call them sh1t stoppers :embarrassed:

6. Love Shoes

I had a pair .... Used to call them my Bowie pants ..... The 80 s was really weird fashion wise IMO, I married in 1982 .. When I look back now at photos from then I look dead old fashioned and young but old (with permed hair) not a good look :rolleyes:

7. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Hey sounds good to me.
    Here is what we would look like

80s-fashion-style-women-pictures.jpg

8. tink

tink New Member

............lol...........mine were tight and shiny.......:embarrassed:.....with lots of zips.......lol.....!

9. Love Shoes

pmsl .... Omg .... I can see it now lol ....

10. tink

tink New Member

...........might be wearing the ra ra skirt as a legging.........lol.......!

11. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Oh Shoes I had a perm I wanted to look like this

straight-curly-hair.jpg

Unfortunately it never worked out and I looked more like this

perm-is-back-455_130410053418.jpg

12. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

Oops only just clicked the one on the right is a guy, oh well I'll be him

13. Ktee

Ktee Administrator

When we moved to Oz we didn't ship anything and threw all my photos, I always regretted it until tonight, now I'm breathing a sigh of relief as the 80's photos were a little strange. I remember having a fluorescent green top with huge polka dots and shoulder pads. I thought I was so cool.

14. tink

tink New Member

..........looks a bit like my sister..........lol.........or how she did back then.........no bust and skinny as a chopstick........!

15. Love Shoes

Even the men look hideous ... I was looking at some of me, my ex and the kiddies and we look old before our time, glad I am too old to do the retro look, .... Lol