Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by mizon, Jun 13, 2012.

1. mizon

mizon Guest

Hey there!!

Well we officially have our 457 Visa and will be moving out to Rockhampton soon! Has anyone else moved out on a 457 Visa?? If so can anyone tell me how long you have to activate the visa? My husband thinks it is 3 months from the issue date but I havnt heard that!

Also has any one moved to Rockhampton.. tbh by what i have read it doesnt seem to be the place i want to settle, im hoping that after his training we can fly in and fly out and move down to brisbane.. any advise or comments would be very appreciated :)) xx

2. jt95045AAAA

jt95045AAAA New Member

I've been to Rocky a few times, it's very hot and humid :)
    It's 1.5 hours away from Gladstone where I lived for 8 years. It has a decent mall and a water park (not like english ones, lol, much smaller), it also has a zoo and nice botanical gardens. A lot of medical refferrals are done in Rocky so hospital care is fairly good. I wouldn't want to live there although a friend of mine has just moved there and is settling in fine. It's not a bad area at all but a fair drive to the beach.
    We were on a 457 visa 8 years ago but are residents now and to be honest it seems so long ago you forget how the process went.