Toggle Theme Editor
Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Charcoal

Discussion in 'Visas / Migration' started by teamv, Jun 12, 2012.

1. teamv

teamv New Member

Well we arrived 10 days Ago seems a lot longer ,it's a bit strange really it doesn't feel like a holiday or like normal life yet but were getting there .
    We are staying at thornlands Redlands bay which is nice but 15 to 20 minutes from the motorway which can be a pain when it's dark ,which is about 5.30 pm at the moment .

The flights with singapore airlines were great all very friendly and the 40kg luggage is great ,we booked a room at singapore but next time I would just take the 2 hours off and get flying again as we hot board really ,it ended up being 14 hours there .

We have been looking a hundreds of houses ,or it feels like that many .lots of hours in the car with two young kids isn't fun at anytime .I had a medical this morning for a job I've taken ,there seems loads of work for diesel or truck fitters and I did my heavy rigid truck test today and passed it ,it was just a muilty choice test ,with no driving. So not to bad because i had my liecence in the uk .

We managed to wreck Nicole's house ,but that's another story ,more soon as I'm just using my phone ,

Kev.

2. cal

cal Super Moderator

Glad youve arrived safe and sound and fab you got a job already.. Once you get in a rental you will start to feel at home a tad more and things will slow down a bit..

Cal x

3. jt95045AAAA

jt95045AAAA New Member

Hi

Thornlands is nice, all around Redlands is good for the family. Takes a while to settle and feel 'at home' but it's an exciting journey and one you will look back on many times over the coming years. Enjoy all you encounter, sometimes I wish I could go and do the first few weeks all again:)

4. toptowa

toptowa New Member

nice story Kev, quite reassuring. My missus get's out there next week but I have been delayed a week because of my dumb azz job :( Looking forward to starting the big adventure :)

5. skoot

skoot Guest

Whereabouts did you do your Heavy Rigid test as I have my UK equivelent and will be looking to convert it when I move permanently